Friday, November 14, 2008

Churro Cupcakes!


Well, I have been busier then I thought I would be but plan on regular posting from now on. I have finished 2 classes in the last month, Ice Creams, Custards, and Soft desserts and Bread baking! I had a ball taking them and am now enjoying a chocolate class!!!
This picture is a batch of "Churro Cupcakes" I made a few weeks ago! They are Cinnimon cake with a chocolate center, frosted with chocolate chip buttercream and then topped with homemade Churros. The Churros were fun to make! Melissa came by while I was doing them and joined in on the fun! A full batch of Pate a Choux made a TON of mini churros! I had a little trouble with the chocolate center and in the future probably won't put it in again but they were tasty all the same!
Cupcakes and kisses!!
Amanda

2 comments:

Nat said...

MMMMM, cupcakes! Magnolia Bakeryyin NYC is the most well known and popular of course. My best friend Nels has been experimenting with putting a chocolate chips under the dough, so there ends up being a hardened chocolate on the bottom of the cupcakes. However, there have been many burnt cupcakes. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Oh and they were delicious...hard to keep myself from snacking on the baby churros as soon as they were cinammon'd and sugared!