Saturday, November 15, 2008

Carrot Cake!!



I am not a huge fan of carrot cake. But this cake was moist, flavorful and easy to make!!! Except for the grating of the carrots of course!!! The frosting is made from goat cheese which gave this cake an added tang. The carrots were hand made with Marzipan, which is an almond flavored dough that can be colored and used to cover cakes and be molded into shapes. Marzipan is what is used when making the Princess cake.

I loved the idea of not frosting the sides of this cake. I think it looks rustic and old fashion, like a good carrot cake should. Though I chose not to with this one, this recipe can be chalked full of dried fruit and nuts!

Cupcakes and kisses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mellie said this was very tasty. I'm not a carrot cake fan, but this creation with the goat cheese frosting and marzipan decoration does sound worth a try!
~~joannie