Sunday, January 25, 2009

Magnolia Bakery!!


I spent a few days in New York with my childhood friends, Natalie and Janet, and had a blast! One of my had to stops, was the Magnolia Bakery to see where the cupcake craze started!! We didn't go to the original store front, but I was Ok with that.
Every time I do to a new cupcake place the first kind I try is always a very simple Vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting. Just a basic cupcake to get the idea of the bake shop. This one was very good. The cake had crunchy top, which I have not seen before. I liked it and am thinking of trying it myself. The frosting was good, not great, but a strong chocolate flavor, which I like and a creamy texture! I really like they way they frosted it. it was an "upside down" swirl. The frosting was built up on the outside instead of the inside and was topped with a sweet white flower. Overall a VERY good cupcake!
I was sad they didn't have any red velvet cakes made while I was there, but I guess that means I will just have to go back!!! :-)
Well I feel a baking day coming on so maybe there will be another post today or tomorrow!
XOXO
Amanda

No comments: